TERMS & CONDITIONS
|UK Garden Buildings Limited Terms & Conditions
- All orders are accepted under the following terms and conditions, which constitute a legally binding contract. Customers are advised to read this carefully.
- Following receipt of your order you will be notified of the estimated delivery date. We will use all reasonable efforts to try to keep to estimated delivery dates. In very extreme circumstances these may be subject to strikes. Lockouts, shortages of labour or materials, breakdowns of machinery or other factors beyond our reasonable control, we reserve the right for a reasonable extension of time for delivery in such cases. Notification of change of delivery date will be made.
- Delivery is arranged to the convenience of the company in agreement with the customer. While it is not possible to give specific times, a mobile telephone number for contact with the Fitters on the delivery day will be available. It is the customers’ responsibility to ensure that arrangements for receipt of the building are made. In the event of the customer failing to keep arrangements, which makes delivery impossible, we reserve the right to charge a call out fee of 12.5% of the total retail price of the building. At least 48 hours notice for postponement is required or the call out fee will still apply.
- Upon delivery, if any parts are lost or damaged we will either repair damaged components with new ones free of charge. This is providing notification of such shortage or damage is made upon delivery or in writing within seven days of delivery. We cannot accept any claim for loss of earnings or consequential losses should a further visit be required. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
- Erection of your building can only take place if the base provided by yourself is concreted or paved, absolutely level and of sufficient size. In the event of the base not being suitable, our fitters will stack the units on your property or, if agreed by us, we will arrange the storage and redelivery in which case you will be charged at our charging rate. It is your responsibility to correct the base and we will return to complete the erection. We reserve the right to make an additional charge of 12.5% of the total retail price for this service, or a minimum of £40.00.
- Specification These are correct at the time of construction but are subject to alteration or withdrawal at any time without notice. As our policy is to seek to constantly improve design, quality and service, we reserve the right to amend, alter or change at our discretion when such changes may be deemed desirable or necessary.
- Fair and reasonable access to the site will be provided by the purchaser. Under no circumstances will components be carried over garage roofs, fences, hedges, etc. Please consider the dimensions of the building when ordering including roof overhang.
- No responsibility can be accepted for accidental damage to your property caused during the delivery/fitting process.
- All calls to Customer Services are recorded for training purposes.
- Please note that timber being a natural product, may have inherent defects such as knots, splits and resin pockets. As the climate changes movement can take place and this may result in felt rippling, which may not be aesthetically pleasing, it is not considered to be a defect and any responsibility would not be accepted.
- We advise that the building can only be guaranteed if it has been treated with a good quality preservative within 3 months of fitting.
- Please note all price are estimates and we advise you to give us a call or your local agent a call to confirm prices - due to delivery charges etc. Prices will differ according to different agents. ALL TIMBER SIZES ARE NOMINAL.
- Please note images on this website and our brochures are subject to copyright.
Please remember that your building is timber and therefore requires maintenance, we suggest that you regularly inspect your painted building and re-paint when required, please check areas of high use such as the doors and areas that are fully exposed to the elements. Some parts such as the fascia boards can be unscrewed on the elite range to enable you to paint them easily, due to the location and purpose of the fascia we recommend these are frequently checked. Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us or look at the Teknos website.